Editing Songs Outside of FreeWorship

Home Forums I can do it better Editing Songs Outside of FreeWorship

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It would be useful to be able to edit song files outside of FreeWorship, say on my Mac. Is there any Mac software available that works in the same way as FW's WYSIWYG environment from which I could export to XML and import into FreeWorship? I prepare all of my church's printed service sheets in DTP software on a Mac and it would be great if I could copy-paste the song texts, edit the verse and chorus breaks and then bring them directly into FreeWorship as XML files.

Developer

FW uses the OpenLyrics file format for songs so any other software that also uses OpenLyrics will also work.

There is an old list of the projects that currently use OpenLyrics on their website: https://code.google.com/archive/p/openlyrics/wikis/ProjectsUsingOpenLyrics.wiki

Participant

Thanks, that's very helpful. Once I opened up a song I realised the tags are relatively simple so it's not difficult to edit between them in something like TextWrangler, which is a lot quicker than loading up a presentation package. Copying an existing song and changing the text and filename to create a new one is easy once you get used to the structure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.