12th August 2014 at 3:12 am #7107mjboardmanParticipant
Brand new user here, and I'm finding that FW supports just about everything I use. I'm looking forward to putting this software to good use. In the meantime, I have several questions about formatting Bible verses on screen.
1. Is there a way for me to adjust the formatting of the chapter/verse reference and the Bible name when it's displayed at the bottom? It looks to be too small for old eyes, so I've moved it to above the text, where it assumes the same size as the text of the verse for now.
2. Books with a single chapter – Jude, for example – traditionally display without a chapter number. The third verse of Jude would be Jude 3, but I have to pick Jude 1:3. Is there a change in the works to address this? (By the way, last week, before I got an update today, I couldn't get it to reference Jude at all, it insisted on giving me Judges 1:3 instead of Jude 1:3. Maybe that got fixed over the weekend).
3. Occasionally, the preacher will want to display the same verse from different versions as comparison. The only mention of Bible version I have seen is in Preferences, which changes the version for all slides in the service list. Is there a way to use multiple versions in the same list?
4. I would like to display non-consecutive verses on a single slide, e.g., Acts 2:38,42, without the intervening verses. Is there a way to do this?
This is a terrific piece of software; I'm really looking forward to getting to know it better. God bless you all.13th August 2014 at 1:20 pm #7319ItzaliveDeveloper
Thats great we look forward to having you in the FreeWorship community.
1. There is no way to format the Bible reference at the bottom at the moment it is a feature that can be voted for http://www.freeworship.org.uk/features/new/format-bible-name-and-verse-numbers . We do hope to include it soon however we have been working on other features.
2. We hade a couple of issues with some Bible books, specifically Jude going to Judges and 2 Chronicles going to 1 Chronicles but they have both been fixed now. We haven't come across the idea of single chapter books before but sounds like a good idea. We will add it to the list of enhancements to make for a future release.
3. Yes, in the 'Advanced' tab at the bottom you can change the Bible version for that specific service item only. There isn't any way to show more than version at the same time though.
4. If you hold down Ctrl you can select multiple non-consecutive verses from the centre list. For easy selection of consecutive verses you can also just click and drag. There isn't anyway to add non-consecutive verses to the central pane yet though.
Hope those answer all your questions. Fire away if anything isn't clear though.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.