Freeworship 3.5.1.183 Media Folder Disappearing

Home Forums Help me! Freeworship 3.5.1.183 Media Folder Disappearing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar new 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    new
    Participant

I downloaded and installed Freeworship 3.5.1.183 yesterday. It appears that the %appdata%\Roaming\FreeWorship\Data\Media folder now only lasts for a single session, then it disappears after, and I cannot use any of the backgrounds that were in that folder. As in, the folder is deleted entirely, along with its contents. Is the Media folder being pasted elsewhere? I’ve had to uninstall and reinstall Freeworship twice now to get the Media folder back.

The Bibles, Slides, and Songs folders are still there.

• This topic was modified 5 months ago by Avatar new.
    new
    Participant

I may have figured it out.

The main account used during presentation is a Limited account on this computer. When installing Freeworship, it asks to put in an administrator password to continue installing. It actually installs Freeworship under the computer’s Administrator account, and all settings are installed under the Administrator’s appdata folder, not the current user’s. So when I click the checkbox which says “Run Freeworship” at the end of the install, it runs Freeworship under the Administrator account, not the limited account. When I subsequently run Freeworship by clicking on the shortcut placed on the desktop, it runs it under the Limited account, but the settings are still in the Administrator’s appdata folder, and so cannot get to them.

I reinstalled the application, copied the Administrator\Appdata\Roaming\Freeworship directory to the local user’s Appdata\Roaming directory and all appears to be working OK. Not sure, but may want to take into account those of us who use Limited accounts to present all their applications during worship.

Thank you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.