Unexpected error after loading 3.5.0

Home Forums Help me! Unexpected error after loading 3.5.0

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Avatar NJB 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    DaveB
    Participant

FW 3 now fails to start up with unexpected error message. The log shows it cant find a dll called libcef. Anyone got any ideas?

Dave

rd25
    Participant

I am having the same problem Please Help!! Need it to work Sunday.

rd25
    Participant

I am having the same issue.

DaveB
    Participant

This morning I tried using the portable version,( after uninstall) and it ran from that, so went back and retried the exe install version after using the portable version, and volia it was working.

Something funny going on registering the dll I suspect. However to get you going for Sunday suggest you do as I just did and hopefully you’ll be up and running too. So I think there is still a bug somewhere, but this workaround may help.
    Dave

DaveB
    Participant

OH dear, spoke too soon, just restarted it and it again fails. Sorry if I wasted your time trying this.
    However what I said about the portable version still applies, I can run from the portable version, but the desktop install version still seems to fail.

Dave

rd25
    Participant

I did a google search and found an older version and installed it on top of this version for now. That got me running again. Can’t remember the exact one now but it was 3. Something.
    Thanks for your help.
    David

jeffbragg
    Participant

I am having the same issue.The update on FW 3 now fails to start up with unexpected error message about not being able to read the database.

sashi126
    Participant

Same here….luckily i have the older version to install and its working fine. I am trying to skip the update for now. Please do let me know once the new version is up and able to resolve the bug issue.

lakeview230
    Participant

Same Here. What’s the best way to keep the old files and settings if you do revert to an older version.

TkaBaptist_NZ
    Participant

I am having the same problem. I thought doing an update on the 3.5.0 would help things out. It just got me more frustrated. I had also wanted to save a service list but it would not allow me to do it to the usual folder.

NJB
    Participant

Hi. We also have the same problem. Thankfully we updated after church today, so all was well for the service(!)

I’ve downloaded and extracted the portable version and it seems to be working ok.

A couple of questions/thoughts…
    The default setting for the install appears to be to remove/overwrite any existing songs database. It would be helpful that if there’s an existing songs db, either make the default to not overwrite it, or ask if the existing be merged or left.

Also, is there a way to retain user settings – it seems these all get reset as part of the update. Perhaps be clearer on the download page and/or the install procedure that this will happen.

Finally, it would be great if at least the previous version be available for download. It seems a number of people are having an issue with the 3.50 update and it would be really helpful if we could simply revert to the previous version while waiting for the fix.

Having said all the above, completely understand there’s no response to these issues over the weekend, but I hope there will be something fairly soon during the week.

And finally, finally… Thanks for some good software. We’re a small fellowship and having something like this that we don’t have to pay lots of dollars for is so helpful for us.

lakeview230
    Participant

I did as the previous comment said I installed an older version of FW over the current one. All the files and settings stayed the same – Praise God. This works for now but I’d like to get back to a newer version when they give us an indication that its ok to. Your original install file should still be in your download folder if you haven’t deleted it. Or like someone else suggested you may be able to google an older version install file.

NCF
    Participant

We have the same problem. It worked fine for this morning’s service, but won’t start this evening. I did try rolling back a Windows Update (KB4493464), as that included a patch to MSXML6, but that hasn’t helped.

I have two other PCs running FreeWorship which I haven’t updated, so hopefully I can restore the necessary files from one of them and we can operate OK next Sunday. It would be great if a new release is made available by then that is stable, though!

QBFortay17
    Participant

Hello, What I have done to get it to start working, was after I downloaded “3.5.0.” I downloaded the portable version and extracted the files to the file directory of “Free Worship 3” and when it ask to overwrite I selected “Yes to all” once extracted I ran the program as administrator and it worked fine!

thewaychurch
    Participant

Hi, I just updated to the latest version of 3.5.0 and after installing the update, the application did not want to open. I had to reinstall it with version 3.4.2, in order to open the application. Please advise ?

Thanks
    Desigan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.