Where can I find more bibles?

Home Forums I can do it better Where can I find more bibles?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 27 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Avatar andrewlee1982 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Itzalive
    Developer

There are a large number of bibles that can be found that FreeWorship can import. I have started putting together a list of some of them below. Once you have downloaded a bible make sure it is extracted from any zip files and has the extension .xml before trying to import it to FreeWorship. To import it to FreeWorship go to Database > Import > Bible.

Zefania bibles: http://sourceforge.net/projects/zefania-sharp/files/Bibles/

Has anyone found any other locations of bibles that we can add to the list?

Updated: 29/03/16

Itzalive
    Developer

It seems that the zefania bibles have changed location, I will update the orginal post accorindly.

eightbrownies
    Participant

I downloaded a bible from the opensong link but I cant import it into Freeworship – is that supposed to work?

Itzalive
    Developer

The OpenSong Bibles are often in a .zip folder and sometimes the file inside has a different extension other than .xml. Can you check that the bible has been extracted from the zip and renamed so that it has a .xml extension if needed then try importing it to FreeWorship again. Let me know if there are any problems.

eightbrownies
    Participant

thanks for that. renamed the file and everything works great now.

ncrooks
    Participant

Hi,

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a NIV 1984 verson bible that can be imported into Freeworship?

Thanks

Neil

Robby Pate
    Participant

[Link removed due to copyright issues]

Itzalive
    Developer

Great find, there are a lot of useful translations which aren't avaliable from the other sites, I'll add it to our list.

sashoysmith07
    Participant

Good morning!I use Free Worship (LOVE IT) but I need to add the English Standard Version into the bible section and I’m having a difficult time. I have used the links you’ve provided but with no luck!

Itzalive
    Developer

The ESV is under copyright so there isn’t a free version available to download. We are working with the publishers to be able to include a version for FreeWorship though.

Keith Jones
    Participant

Hi I am trying to download a Bible and have ESV in a folder on my desktop which I unzipped, the name for type of file is : File – and I cant change the extension.

Can you help on how to change the settings and import the file into FreeWorship? Thanks

Emem
    Developer

Unfortunately you’ll have to find a way to change the extension. Without the correct extension FreeWorship doesn’t know what format the data is in and therefore can’t import it

Emem
    Developer

At the moment we've been focusing on links for bibles that are out of copyright. If we could contact the publishers for some of the modern translations, what translations would people like to see?

HuwW
    Participant

NIV is the main one.  Also Amplified and New Living Translation

andrewlee1982
    Participant

NIV (1984) and Amplified are readily available at http://www.opensong.org/home/download

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.